The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: opening times
The Botanical Garden with the Tropical Glasshouse and the Linneanum Orangery are open throughout the year.
The Linnaeus Garden and the Linnaeus Museum are open from May until the end of September. Pre-booked groups can visit the museum can during the winter months.
At Linnaeus’ Hammarby the cultural reserve is open throughout the year, while the park, buildings, café and shop are open May – September.
Free entry for employees and students of Uppsala University
The Botanical Garden has free admission to the outdoor areas. There is an admission charge to Linnaeus’ Hammarby, the Linnaeus Garden with the Linnaeus Museum, and to the Tropical Greenhouse. Children under 18 years and employees and students of Uppsala University have free admission.
Other admission charges may apply for special exhibitions and events.
The Botanical Garden: opening times
- May–September: 7:00–21:00
- October–April: 7:00–19:00
The gates facing Uppsala Castle, The Segerstedt Building and Carolina Rediviva (Uppsala University Library) are open from 1 May until the arrival of the first snow.
The Tropical Greenhouse
- June–August: Tuesday–Friday 9:00–16:00 (Thursday open until 18:00), Saturday–Sunday 11:00–16:00
- September–May: Tuesday–Friday 9:00–15:00, Saturday–Sunday 12:00–15:00
The Orangery, Linneanum
- Tuesday–Friday 9:00–15:00
The Linnaeus Garden and The Linnaeus Museum: opening times
The garden and museum are open:
- May: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00
- June–August: Monday–Sunday 11:00–17:00. Closed Midsummer Eve.
- September: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00
The garden gates close at 20:00.
Wintertime in the Linnaeus Museum
In winter the museum is open to pre-booked groups only. Please contact our booking office for more information.
The Linnaeus' Hammarby: opening times
Museum, Linnaeus' house and exhibitions
- May: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00 (the café is open Friday–Sunday only)
- June–August: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00
- September: Friday–Sunday 11:00–17:00 (the café is open Saturday–Sunday only)
The manor is only open for guided tours. There are at least four tours a day. Groups of more than 10 people have to book a private guide.
You can take a virtual tour of the house on Google Maps.
Grounds and cultural reserve
The gates to the garden and grounds close at 20:00.
Linnaeus’ Hammarby Cultural Heritage Reserve is open all year.