Dinner with mingling
Make your event in the Linnaeus Garden extra memorable by booking a guide in 18th-century costume. Perhaps you will meet Carl Linnaeus himself, his daughter, gardener or one of his students? Let your guests hear the story of when the garden was a world-leading research facility and Linnaeus was the name on everyone's lips. Visit the Linnaeus Museum where Linnaeus and his family lived and worked.
Botanist Carl Linnaeus, sometimes referred to as 'Mr Flower Power', is one of Sweden's most famous scientists through the ages. Born in the province of Småland i the south of Sweden, he arrived in Uppsala in 1728, in order to continue his university studies in medicine. Through our Linnaeus experiences we offer you an opportunity to learn more about Linnaeus' scientific work and about the plants he grew, as well as what life was like in 18th-century Uppsala.
We can tailor an experience to your wishes, e.g. from a light-hearted introduction during the welcome drink to a short tour in Linnaeus' home or garden. We can also hold more specialized tours of garden and museum. Choose if you wish to start your visit with a Linnaeus experience, or if it is more suitable during a break.
Examples of bookable experiences:
- Introduction with an open house in the museum. Suitable for the largest groups. The guide talks for 10–15 minutes, after which the museum is open for visitors. Guides will staff the museum and answer questions.
- Guided tour of the garden and museum (May-–September). Max 25 persons per guide. The museum is only shown before 11:30 and after 16:30. Capacity 40–50 persons at a time, depending on the arrangement.
- Guided tours of only the garden can be booked at any time and for several groups at the same time.
- Guided tours of the museum (October–April). Max 25 persons per guide. Can be booked any time.
Mingling or guided tour with guide in period costume, in connection with dinner
- Place: central Uppsala (Svartbäcksgatan 27)
- Time requirements: minimum 30 minutes. We tailor to your wishes
- Season: May–September for the garden, all year round for the museum
- Target groups: primarily guests with a booking for the Orangery
- Number of participants: min 1 person, max 90 persons
- Activity level/prerequisites: no long walks. The museum has high thresholds and also a steep staircase to the upper floor. The ground floor is wheelchair accessible
- Language: English, Swedish
Quotation sent on request.
- Price example introduction with open house in the Linnaeus Museum: from SEK 5,600
- Price example guided tour: from SEK 2,800 per guide. Max 25 persons per guide
- Additional entrance fee if museum is included: adults SEK 100 per person, children under 18 free
- Phone: +46-18-71 11 50 or +46-709-611551 (Joel Hamberg)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org