Booking guided tours for groups
Let our guides take you on a tour of the gardens and glasshouse, of our historic sites or Linnaeus’ homes and gardens.
Booked tours take about one hour and are always led by our own guides. Groups larger than 10 people must book a guide in advance. For the best quality of experience, groups should be 25 people or less.
All groups larger than 10 people have to book their visits in advance.
phone:+46-18 471 28 38 (Monday–Friday 09:30–11:30)
We will answer your questions within two working days.
Prices for groups of 10 people or more
When you book a guided tour of one of the Linnaean Gardens you pay a tour charge and reduced admission.
Guided tours are always led by our staff or guides authorised by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala. Please contact our booking service for questions concerning authorisation.
- Weekdays 9:00–16:30 2023: SEK 1,000 per guide
- Weekdays 9:00–16:30 2024: SEK 1,200 per guide
- Evenings and weekends 2023: SEK 1,600 per guide
- Evenings and weekends 2024: SEK1,800 per guide
If you would like the guide to wear 18th century costume there is an added starting fee of SEK 1,000 per guide.
Reduced admission charge (at least 10 persons)
- The Botanical Garden: the park admission free, the Tropical Greenhouse SEK 40/person
- The Linnaeus Garden or Linnaeus' Hammarby, adults: SEK 100/person
- The Linnaeus Garden or Linnaeus' Hammarby, visitors over 65: SEK 80/person)
- Special offer Linnaeus: Outdoor ticket for Linnaeus Hammarby (manor excluded) or the Linnaeus Garden (the Linnaeus Museum excluded): SEK 50 per person.
The reduction is only available for groups that book their visit in advance.
The Botanical Garden: book a guided tour
You can book guided tours of the Botanical Garden throughout the year. Choose between a tour of the Tropical Greenhouse or a tour of the garden.
In 2023 the entrance at Villavägen 8 is closed. Do you plan to visit the Tropical Greenhose or Café Victoria and arrive with coach. Take into account that the walk from the arrival point to the greenhouse, via the gate at Norbyvägen, is approximately 300 meters.
During the summer months it is also possible to arrange a tour of the Linnaeus Garden (the original botanical garden on Svartbäcksgatan) or Linnaeus' Hammarby (Linnaeus’ country estate outside Uppsala).
The Linnaeus Garden and the Linnaeus Museum
For guided tours of the Linnaeus Garden you can choose whether to visit only the garden, only the museum or both attractions. The Linnaeus Museum has a maximum capacity of 40 people, of which no more than 15 people may be on the upper floor at any one time. For larger groups we therefore recommend a combined tour of the museum and garden.
A tour takes about one hour and are always held by our staff or guides authorised by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala.
It is essential that groups of more than 10 people book their visit to the garden and/or the museum in advance.
Group visits to the Linnaeus Museum
- May–September: You can only book group visits outside normal opening times, i.e. before 11:00 or after 16:30.
- October–April: The museum is open to pre-booked groups only, any time of the day.
A guided tour of Linnaeus’ Hammarby takes about one hour and includes both the manor and the garden. As no more than 45 people can be admitted to the manor at any one time, it is essential that all groups book in advance. You can only visit the manor with a guide.
All groups of more than 10 people have to book their visit in advance. The best time for a group visit in May–August is before 10:30, 13:30–14:30 or after 16:30.
Booking a school activity
Let our education officers take your school class or preschool group on a guided tour of our gardens and glasshouses, our historic environments, or around Linnaeus’s homes and gardens. You can also book an activity session for your school in the Botanical Garden, the Linnaeus Garden, the Linnaeus Museum or at Linnaeus’ Hammarby.
- Examples of guided tours for schools and upper secondary schools.
- Examples of activities for preschools.
A guided tour takes about 45 minutes. To get the most out of the tour the group should not exceed 20 students. For planting and other activities, the group size should not exceed 12 children.