Pastries, salads and lunches
The cafés in the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala are open from May to the end of September but closed in the winter. In the area around the Botanical Garden, lunch restaurants can be found at Blåsenhus, at the Evolutionary Biology Centre (Evolutionsbiologiskt centrum) and in Engelska Parken. These are open on weekdays.
The gardeners’ century-old bakery and wash house in The Botanical Garden is now Café Victoria. Lunches and pastries made from local, organic and fairtrade ingredients, decorated with flowers from the garden, are served in the shade of parasols and venerable trees. Waffles and ice cream are on offer to tempt the children.
The Café is open daily from the beginning of May to the end of September.
Group visits may be booked by contacting Triller Mat & Bröd, tel. +46-18 55 18 10 or by e-mail to Triller Mat & Bröd.
Opening times Café Victoria, The Botanical Garden
- May: every day 11am–5pm. May close early in bad weather
- June-August: weekdays 10am–5pm, weekends 11am–5 pm
- September: weekdays 11am–3pm/5pm depending on the weather, weekends 11am–5 pm. May close early in bad weather.
Closed Midsummer Eve and Midsummer Day.
Lunch in The Botanical Garden
In addition to Café Victoria, which serves lunches in the Botanical Garden during the summer, there are four lunch restaurants adjacent to the Garden:
- Restaurang Feiroz at Campus Båsenhus (address Plantskolegränd).
- Hassan & Preecha EBC at Campus Evolutionsbiologiskt centrum (adress Norbyvägen).
- Matikum at Campus Engelska parken (address Thunbergsvägen).
- Restaurang Segerstedt in the corner Norbyvägen - Dag Hammarskjölds väg.
The lunch restaurants are closed outside University terms (semesters).
Restaurants at The Linnaeus Garden
Café Carl von Linné across Svartbäcksgatan usually have tables in the Linnaeus Garden. As their customer you are welcome. Due to the construction of a new visitor center the seating area is closed part of 2023.
Café Carl von Linné serve fika and lunch.
- phone number 018-12 61 26
- e-mail to Café Carl von Linné
There are also several other out coffehouses and restaurants next to The Linnaeus garden. Most of them have tables outside the Garden.
Café Sara Lisa
At Linnaeus’ Hammarby, Café Sara Lisa welcomes you with a cosy atmosphere and organic produce. We offer healthy, fresh and filling salads, sandwiches, soups and other tasty dishes. Delicious cakes and pastries are on offer, with coffee or a wide selection of teas. The cafee is open May–September.
We recommend groups to contact Triller Mat & Bröd for menus (phone +46-18-42 18 00, e-mail).
Café Sara Lisa at Linnaeus' Hammarby: opening times
- May: Friday 11am–5pm (no lunch dishes), Saturday–Sunday 11am–5pm
- June–August: Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm
- September: Saturday–Sunday 11am–5pm