Visit our three gardens
Plan your visit
The Botanical Garden with the Tropical Greenhouse and the orangery Linneanum is just west of Uppsala Castle and is open all year round.
The Linnaeus Garden with the Linnaeus Museum is open May-September. The museum is open to pre-booked groups in winter. The garden is in central Uppsala, just north of the pedestrian street.
At Linnaeus Hammarby, about 10 kilometers from Uppsala, the culture reserve is open all year round. The park, buildings, café and shop are open May-September.
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: entrance charges
The Botanical Garden has free entry to the outdoor areas. There is an entry fee to Linnaeus’ Hammarby, the Linnaeus Garden with Linnaeus Museum, and to the Tropical Greenhouse. Children under 18 years and employees and students of Uppsala University have free entry.
Different admission prices can be charged for special exhibitions and events.
Accessibility to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala
Our gardens and museums are open to everyone. We are working towards making our gardens, glasshouses and other buildings accessible for all.
- Some of our exhibitions are located in buildings inaccessible for wheelchairs. Some parts of those exhibitions can be visited digitally.
- Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available in all our gardens
- An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours. It should be booked in advance (e-mail to our booking office).
- You are allowed to bring your guide dog inside the buildings. No other animals are allowed indoors.
- Disabled access parking (for badge holders) is available at Linnaeus Hammarby and in the Botanical Garden (Villavägen 8).
- If you need additional assistance please contact our staff in the museum shop or in the Botanical Garden the staff in the The Tropical Greenhouse.
Photography in the Linnaean Gardens
Photography and filming for private use
As a private person you are welcome to take photographs outside in our gardens and glasshouses. Please respect other visitor's privacy and do not damage the plants or plantations. You are not permitted to put up screens or to stand or walk on the flower beds.
Photography and filming for commercial use
Commersial wedding photography, portrait photography, fashion photography et cetera, is only permitted with written agreement from the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala.
Photography in Linnaeus’ homes
Photography in the house at Linnaeus’ Hammarby is not allowed without a permit from Uppsala University Art Collections.
In The Linnaeus Museum (in The Linnaeus Garden) photography without a tripod and without the use of flash is permitted. For all commercial photography a permit from Uppsala University Art Collections.
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Do not walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Do not pick flowers, leaves, nuts, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to taste windfall fruit from the ground, but do not pick fruit that is still on the tree. Never taste a fruit you are certain what it is.
- Do not move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please do not touch objects, furniture, or wallpaper in the historic buildings.