The Linnaeus Garden – a historic gem in central Uppsala
The Linnaeus Garden is an oasis hidden behind a planked fence on Svartbäcksgatan in central Uppsala. The botanic garden, with Carl Linnaeus’ professorial residence, exhibitions, café and shop are open from the beginning of May to the end of September.
In the former home of Carl Linnaeus is the Linnaeus Museum, run by Uppsala University, on behalf of the Swedish Linnaeus Society. The Museum is open for pre-booked groups throughout the year.
Linnaeus Garden: opening hours
The Garden and Professor’s Residence (Linnaeus Museum) have the same public opening hours.
- May: Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm
- June–August: Monday–Sunday 11am–5pm (Wednesday open until 8 pm). Closed Midsummer Eve.
- September: Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm
The gates to the Garden close at 8pm
In English every opened day at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
Guided tours in Swedish at 1.30pm and 3.30pm (June–August at 6 pm as well)
The daily guided tours are included in the entrance fee and can not be booked in advance.
The Director's Lodge is included when available. Audioguide to the Museum is available in English.
The Linnaeus Garden: admission prices
During normal opening hours:
- Adults 100 SEK
- Senior citizens 65+ 80 SEK
- Students 80 SEK (Students at Uppsala University free of charge)
- Children (ages 0-17) free of charge
The admission price includes entry to the Linnaeus Museum. Different admission prices can be charged for special exhibitions and events.
After 17.00 (5 pm) : free entry (applies only to the Garden).
A valid full prize entry ticket for Linnaeus’ Hammarby gives free entry.
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: annual card
The annual card of the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala gives free entry to the Tropical Glasshouse, Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus’ Hammarby. The annual card is valid for one calendar year and can be purchased from one of our museum shops or from the offices of the gardens (weekday daytime).
An annual card costs 200 kr.
Free entrance to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala apply to:
- employees at Uppsala University
- students at Uppsala University
- members of The Swedish Linnaeus Society (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of The Society of Linnaeus' Hammarby (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of Linnés vänner (friends of Linnaeus), our friends' organization
- members of Inter Nordic Guide Club (IGC), including the organization Uppsalaguiderna.
- employees at Uppsalas musee
- members of The Association of Swedish Museums
- holders of ICOM-card
- holders of Kulturarvskort get 50% off the admisson fee. The card is on sale in our shops. (Holders of the card for employees get free entrance.)
- Culture buddy groups have free admission in 2020 (more information for Cultural buddies)
Concessions apply to:
For visitors with a disability, senior citizens 65+, and visitors with pension benefits. You may need to present ID.
Disabled person (with donation)*: £17.05
Disabled person (without donation): £15.50
Senior (with donation)*: £17.05
Senior (without donation): £15.50
- Senior citizens 65+
- Students (Free antrance to students at Uppsala University)
- Kulturarvskort 50% recuction of entrance fee. Buy your member card in our museum shops. The card is valid at many museums in Sweden.
- Members of SJ Prio pays 80 SEK at the Linnaeus Garden and at Linnaeus' Hammarby