The Linnaeus Garden – a historic gem in central Uppsala
The Linnaeus Garden is an oasis hidden behind a planked fence on Svartbäcksgatan in central Uppsala. The botanic garden, with Carl Linnaeus’ professorial residence, exhibitions, café and shop is open from the beginning of May to the end of September.
The former home of Carl Linnaeus is now the Linnaeus Museum, managed by Uppsala University on behalf of the Swedish Linnaeus Society. The museum is open for pre-booked groups throughout the year.
The Linnaeus Garden and The Linnaeus Museum: opening times
The garden and museum are open:
- May: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00
- June–August: Monday–Sunday 11:00–17:00. Closed Midsummer Eve.
- September: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00
The garden gates close at 20:00.
Opening times may vary during events in the Linnaeus Garden.
Wintertime in the Linnaeus Museum
In winter the museum is open to pre-booked groups only. Please contact our booking office for more information.
In English at 11:30 and 14:30.
Guided tours in Swedish at 13:30 and 15:30.
The ordinary guided tours are included in the admission and cannot be booked in advance.
The Linnaeus Museum is included in the guided tour when possible. Audioguides are available in English off peak hours.
The Linnaeus Garden: Tickets and prices
During normal opening times
- Adults 100 SEK
- Senior citizens 65 + 80 SEK
- Students 80 SEK (students at Uppsala University admission free)
- Children (ages 0-17) admission free
The admission price includes entry to the Linnaeus Museum.
- admission free (all buildings are closed).
Different prices may apply for special exhibitions and events.
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: annual pass
The annual card of the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala gives you free admission to the Tropical Greenhouse, the Linnaeus Garden, the Linnaeus Museum and Linnaeus’ Hammarby. It also give you a 50% discount on special tours.
The annual pass is valid for one calendar year and is sold in our museum shops or at the garden office in The Botanical Garden during office hours.
An annual pass costs 200 SEK.
Free admission to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala applies to:
- employees at Uppsala University
- students at Uppsala University
- members of Linnés vänner, our friends' society
- members of The Swedish Linnaeus Society (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of Sällskapet Linnés Hammarby (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- gold or silver members of Friends of Uppsala University
- members of Inter Nordic Guide Club (IGC), including the organisation Uppsalaguiderna.
- employees at Uppsala's museums
- members of Swedish Museums Association
- holders of the ICOM-card
- holders of the Kulturarvskort for employees
- Culture buddy groups have free entry in 2022 (more information for Culture buddies)
Concessions apply to:
- Senior citizens 65 +
- Students (free entrance to students at Uppsala University)
- Kulturarvskort 50% reduction of admission charge. Buy your card in our museum shops. The card is valid at many museums in Sweden.
- Members of SJ Prio pays 80 SEK at the Linnaeus Garden and at Linnaeus' Hammarby