The Linnaeus Garden and the Linnaeus Museum
For guided tours of the Linnaeus Garden you can choose whether to visit only the garden, only the museum or both attractions. The Linnaeus Museum has a maximum capacity of 40 people, of which no more than 15 people may be on the upper floor at any one time. For larger groups we therefore recommend a combined tour of the museum and garden.
A tour takes about one hour and are always held by our staff or guides authorised by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala.
It is essential that groups of more than 10 persons book their visit to the garden and/or the museum in advance.
Group visits to the Linnaeus Museum
- May–September: You can only book group visits outside normal opening times, i.e. before 11:00 or after 16:30.
- October–April: The museum is open to pre-booked groups only, any time of the day.
Booked groups during the covid-19 pandemic
Please note that we may have to reduce the numbers of participants on guided tours and limit the access to our buildings with short notice. Contact us for more information.
Current status winter and spring 2022
From 1 Mars we accept bookings but cannot guarantee that we can receive the group if the restrictions in place change.
Prices for groups of 10 or more people
When you book a guided tour of one of the Linnaean Gardens you pay a tour charge and reduced admission.
Guided tours are always led by our staff or guides authorised by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala. Please contact our booking service for questions concerning authorisation.
- Weekdays 9:00–16:30: 1,000 SEK per guide
- Evenings and weekends: 1,600 SEK per guide
If you would like the guide to wear 18th century costume there is an added starting fee of 1,000 SEK per guide.
Reduced admission charge (at least 10 persons)
- The Botanical Garden: the park asmission free, the Tropical Greenhouse 40 SEK/person
- The Linnaeus Garden or Linnaeus' Hammarby, adults: 80 SEK/person
- The Linnaeus Garden or Linnaeus' Hammarby, visitors over 65: 60 SEK/person)
- Special offer Linnaeus: Outdoor ticket for Linnaeus Hammarby (manor excluded) or the Linnaeus Garden (the Linnaeus Museum excluded): 40 SEK per person.
The reduction is only available for groups that book their visit in advance.
Booking guided tours for groups
Let our guides take you on a tour of the gardens and glasshouse, of our historic sites or Linnaeus’ homes and gardens.
Booked tours take about one hour and are always led by our own guides. Groups larger than 10 people must book a guide in advance. For the best quality of experience, groups should be 25 people or less.
All groups larger than 10 people have to book their visits in advance.
phone:+46-18 471 28 38 (weekdays 9:30–11:30)
We will answer your questions within two working days.