Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus Museum
For guided tours of the Linnaeus Garden you can choose whether to visit just the Garden, just the Professor’s Residence (the Linnaeus Museum) or both attractions. The Linnaeus Museum has a maximum capacity of 40 people, of which no more than 15 people may be on the upper floor at any one time. For larger groups, we therefore recommend a combined tour of the Museum and Garden.
Group visits to the Linnaeus Museum may only be booked outside normal opening times, i.e. before 11.00 or after 16.30.
A tour takes about one hour, and are always hold by our staff or guides authorized by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala.
It is essential that all groups larger than 10 persons book their visit to the Garden and/or the Museum in advance.
Booked groups: charges
When you book a guided tour of one of the Linnaean Gardens you pay a tour charge and reduced entry charge.
Guided tours are always hold by our staff or guides authorized by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala. Please, contact our booking service for questions concerning authorization.
- Weekdays 9am–4.30pm: 1000 kr per guide
- Evenings and weekends: 1600 kr per guide
- Guide dressed in 18th century costume: 2000 kr per guide or 2600 kr per guide, respectivley
The reduced entry charge (at least 10 persons)
- The Linnaeus Garden: 80 kr/person (senior citizens 65+ 60 kr/person)
- Linnaeus' Hammarby: 80 kr/person (senior citizens 65+ 60 kr/person)
- The Linnaeus Garden + Linnaeus' Hammarby: 100 kr/person (senior citizens 65+ 80 kr/person)
- The Botanical Garden: the park is free of charge, The Tropical Greenhouse 40 kr/person
The reduced entry charge is only valid for groups that book their visit in advance.
Booking guided tours for groups
Let our guides take you on a tour of the gardens and glasshouse, of our historic environments or in Linnaeus’s home and gardens.
A tour takes about one hour and are always led by our own guides. Groups larger than 10 people must book a guide in advance. For the best quality of experience, groups should be no larger than 25 people.
All groups larger than 9 people should book their visit in advance.
phone:+46-18-471 28 38 (weekdays 9.30am–11.30am)
We will answer your questions within two working days.