Christmas fair in the Botanical Garden
- Date: –
- Location: Botaniska trädgården The Linnaeus Hall in the Orangery Linneanum, Villavägen 6
- Organiser: The Linnaesan Gardens of Uppsala
- Contact person: Petra Holmgren Reichler
- Kulturevenemang, Temadag
Cosy Christmas market and inspiring exhibition with Christmas flowers on set tables. The decorations are created by the floristry program at Uppsala Praktiska Gymnasium (practical courses at upper secondary school). Welcome to experience a green, beautiful weekend!
We have invited a group of vendors and craftspeople to the grand Linnaeus Hall in the Orangery, where they will set up and offer wares of quality. Floral arrangements on tables and in windows create a Christmas atmosphere.
While you are in the building, do take the opportunity to see the straw goats in the windows in the Orangery hall as well.
• Friday–Sunday 11:00–16:00: Craft fair with gift of high quality. Cosy, green flower exhibition.
• Sunday 26 November 13:30 &14:30: The Ensemble Lydia, directed by Nina Hamrén, welcome winter with traditional songs, at the court yard,
Exercise – recreation – culture
Ride your bike to Linnaeus' Hammarby or wander in the cultural reserve there.Give Qi Gong, Yoga, Taiji or boules a try in the Botanical Garden.
Buy tickets for a theatre performance or concert. Enjoy art works, beautiful flower beds and silence. Study, read a book or enjoy a tea or coffee break. In our gardens there is room for both rest and exercise!
Workout in the gardens in 2023
For current information, contact the organizers.
Boules greens in the baroque garden: Singelklubben and Upsala Pétanque Club practice boule in the Botanical Garden Sundays May–September, and Mondays and Thursdays May–August, respectively. Contact them if you want to try your hand at pétanque.
Qigong at Sorbusplan (corner Norbyvägen-Villavägen, at the Nordic Africa Institute): Mondays 12 June – 31 July, 17:30–18:30. For up-to-date information see the website of the organizer Biyunföreningen Gröna Draken.
Summer yoga in the Botanical garden: usually Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, May – August. For more information, on the Facebook page Sommaryoga i Uppsala.
Utställningar Uppsala linneanska trädgårdar
Kommande utställningar i Botaniska trädgården, Linnéträdgården och Linnés Hammarby och på övriga museer vid Uppsala universitets.Calendar RSS Subscribe to calendar
Subscribe to calendar
Please follow these instructions to subscribe to the calendar in Outlook on Windows:
- Copy the calendar link.
- Switch to the calendar view in Outlook.
- Right click My calendars (or Other calendars), select Add calendar, select From Internet.
- In the dialogue that pops up, paste the calendar link.
- Approve the subscription.
The calendar is now available in Outlook. Check the checkbox besides the new calendar to view it.
For Safari on Mac, read these instructions.
In other calendar applications, copy the link and then follow the appropriate procedure.
At the moment there are no events matching your criteria