Opening hours during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala are a part of Uppsala University and follows their social distancing guidelines. We also follow the national restrictions applied to museums and galleries. We do as much as we can to offer you a safe visit. At the same tim we do our best to contribute to a slower spreading of infection to facilitate for our healthcare services to help those most in need – people from risk groups, the elderly, and people with underlying health problems. Our ambition is to operate as usual as soon as the national and regional restictions allow that.
On this page, you will find information about opening hours, limitations of numbers of visitors, and cancelled events, as well as information about what we to reduce the risk of spreading of infection.The information may be changed with short notice.
Opening hours (from 11 Mars)
The Botanical Garden:
- The gates are open 7am–7pm. Closed 30 April. From 1 May 7am–9pm
- The Tropical Greenhouse is closed temporarily. (Ordinary hours Tuesday–Friday 11am–3pm, Saturday–Sunday noon–3pm.) Planned re-opening in June
- The Orangery in Linneanum is closed temporarily. (Ordinary hours Tuesday–Friday 11am–3pm.) Planned re-opening in June
- Café Victoria is closed for winter. Planned re-opening in May
The Linnaeus Garden with the Linnaeus Museum:
- Exhibitions, museum shop, and facilities are closed for winter. Planned re-opening in June
- Wintertime the Linnaeus Museum is closed. You are welcome make a reservation as soon as the guidelines from The Public Health Agency allows it. To start with the museum is open for pre-booked groups only, and for a restricted number of visitors.
- Café Carl von Linné closed for winter. Planned re-opening in June
- Exhibitions, museum shop, and buildings are closed for winter. Planned re-opening in June
- Café Sara Lisa is closed for winter. Planned re-opening in June
- The gates are open until 8pm
- The Cultural Reserve is open throughout the year
Limitations in numbers of visitors
Since Mars 2020 we have limited the number of visitors and cancelled all tours indoors. The first six months of 2021 all of our own events are cancelled, as are many of those arranged by others. We will give guided tours outdoors for a limited number of participants as soon as the pandemic restrictions allow it.
You are not able to book a ticket to our dayly guided tours, while booking is mandatory to our special tours. To these you need to book a place two workdays in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that we may need to close buildings with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Limits for numbers of visitors in our buildings (as soon as the general regulation for meetings allows it):
- The Linnaeus Museum: The Museum will be open for a restricted number of visitors. We may need to close the museum with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. No guided tours. Planned re-opening 1 June
- The Botanical Garden: The Tropical Greenhouse and the Orangery in Linneanum will open for a restricted number of visitors. We may need to close the buildings with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. Planned re-opening 1 June
Consequences for guided tours:
- January–May 2021 groups can not pre-book guided tours in The Tropical Greenhouse or in The Linnaeus Museum (max. 15 participants).
- Special tours outdoors will take place with a limited number of participants (max. 15) as soon as the regional restrictions allow it. Register through email@example.com, at least two workdays in advance. In Swedish.
- Valpurgis, 30 April: all gardens are closed.