The Botanical Garden throughout the year
The Botanical Garden is open for visitors throughout the year. Each season offers something special.
During the winter the geometric shapes of the Baroque Garden are particularly striking, the Linneanum Orangery is full of Mediterranean trees and bushes, and the Tropical Glasshouse is a haven of warmth and light. With the coming of spring the lawns and rockeries burst with flowering bulbs and anemonies. The magnolias, cherries and tulips come into bloom. A wide range of plants continue the floral display throughout the summer. As late summer approaches the kitchen gardens are at their most beautiful and the autumn offers a colourful display from both native and exotic trees and bushes.
The Botanical Garden: opening times
- May–September: 7am–9pm
- October–April: 7am–7pm
The gates close to Uppsala Castle, The Segerstedt Building and Carolina Rediviva (the University Library) are from May 1 until the arrival of the first snow.
The Tropical Greenhouse
- June–August: Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm (Thursday open until 6 pm), Saturday-Sunday 11am–4pm
- September–May: Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm, Saturday-Sunday Noon–3pm
The Orangery, Linneanum
- Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm
The park and gardens
June–August: Saturdays and Sundays at 2 pm (1 pm in Swedish)
October–May: First Sunday of the month (in Swedish)
The guided tour in October cancelled due to covid-19.
Fee 50 SEK, includes entrance fee to the Tropical Greenhouse, where the guided tour starts.
The Botanical Garden: admission charges
The Park: Free of charge.
The Tropical Greenhouse:
- Adults 50 SEK
- Senior citizens 65+ 50 SEK
- Students 50 SEK (Students at Uppsala University free of charge)
- Children (ages 0–17) free of charge
The Linneanum Orangery has an entry charge for special exhibitions.
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: annual pass
The annual card of the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala gives free entry to the Tropical Greenhouse, Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus’ Hammarby. It also give you a 50% discount on special tours.
The annual pass is valid for one calendar year and is on sale in our museum shops or at the Garden Office in The Botanical Garden (weekday daytime).
An annual pass costs 200 kr.
The annual pass 2021 is valid until the end of 2022.
Free entrance to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala apply to:
- employees at Uppsala University
- students at Uppsala University
- members of Linnés vänner (friends of Linnaeus), our friends' organization
- members of The Swedish Linnaeus Society (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of The Society of Linnaeus' Hammarby (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- gold or silver members of Friends of Uppsala University
- members of Inter Nordic Guide Club (IGC), including the organization Uppsalaguiderna.
- employees at Uppsalas musee
- members of The Association of Swedish Museums
- holders of ICOM-card
- holders of Kulturarvskort get 50% off the admisson fee. The card is on sale in our shops. (Holders of the card for employees get free entrance.)
- Culture buddy groups have free admission in 2020 (more information for Cultural buddies)
Concessions apply to:
- Senior citizens 65+
- Students (Free antrance to students at Uppsala University)
- Kulturarvskort 50% recuction of entrance fee. Buy your member card in our museum shops. The card is valid at many museums in Sweden.
- Members of SJ Prio pays 80 SEK at the Linnaeus Garden and at Linnaeus' Hammarby