Accessibility to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala
Our gardens and museums are open to everyone. We aim to make our gardens, glasshouses and other buildings accessible for all.
- Some of our exhibitions are located in buildings inaccessible for wheelchairs. Some parts of those exhibitions can be visited digitally.
- Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available in all our gardens
- An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours. It has to be booked in advance (e-mail to our booking office).
- You are allowed to bring your guide dog inside the buildings. No other animals are allowed indoors.
- Disabled access parking (for badge holders) is available at Linnaeus' Hammarby and in the Botanical Garden (Villavägen 8).
- If you need additional assistance, please contact our staff in the museum shop. In the Botanical Garden, contact the staff in the The Tropical Greenhouse.
The Botanical Garden: accessibility
Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available beside the Tropical Greenhouse (throughout the year) and by the pond shed close to the Linneanum Orangery (May–October).
The Tropical Greenhouse is accessible for wheelchair users. An induction loop is available on loan for guided tours during the winter months. During the rest of the year it has to be booked in advance (e-mail to our booking office).
The Linneanum Orangery has a steep ramp on the south side. The threshold of the door can be removed if required – please contact the garden staff for help.
Disabled parking spaces are available at Villavägen 6. The distance fro, these parking spaces to the entrance of the Tropical Greenhouse is 300 meters. The two parking spaces with access from Villavägen 8, close to the Tropical Greenhouse, are closed due to construction work until spring 2024.
From November 2022 until spring 2024 mobility service may use the gates at Villavägen 10-12 to access the Tropical Greenhouse. Exit through the same gates. Please observe that you pass areas with heavy traffic and unprotected people. Drive with care!
The gates in the east part of the Baroque Garden are closed wintertime. They close when the first snow falls and open again 1 May. In 2022 they were close in the beginning of November due to an extensive restauration of the hedges.