The gardeners’ century-old bakery and wash house is now Café Victoria. Lunches and pastries made from local, organic and fairtrade ingredients, decorated with flowers from the garden, are served in the shade of parasols and venerable trees. Waffles and ice cream are on offer to tempt the children.
The Café is open daily from the beginning of May to the end of September.
Group visits may be booked by contacting Triller Mat & Bröd, tel. +46-18 55 18 10 or by e-mail.
Opening times Café Victoria, The Botanical Garden
- May: every day 11am–5pm. May close early in bad weather
- June-August: weekdays 10am–5pm, weekends 11am–5 pm
- September: weekdays 11am–3pm, weekends 11am–5 pm. May close early in bad weather. Closed September 30
Closed Midsummer Eve and Midsummer Day.
Lunch in The Botanical Garden
In addition to Café Victoria, which serves lunches in the Botanical Garden during the summer, there are four lunch restaurants adjacent to the Garden:
- Restaurang Feiroz at Campus Båsenhus (address Plantskolegränd).
- Hassan & Preecha EBC at Campus Evolutionsbiologiskt centrum (adress Norbyvägen).
- Matikum at Campus Engelska parken (address Thunbergsvägen).
- Restaurang Segerstedt in the corner Norbyvägen - Dag Hammarskjölds väg.
The lunch restaurants are closed outside University terms (semesters).