Photography in the Linnaean Gardens
Photography and filming for private use
As a private person you are welcome to take photographs outside in our gardens and glasshouses. Please respect other visitor's privacy and do not damage the plants or plantations. You are not permitted to put up screens or to stand or walk on the flower beds.
Photography and filming for commercial use
Commersial wedding photography, portrait photography, fashion photography et cetera., is only permitted with written agreement from the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala.
Photography in Linnaeus’ homes
Photography in the house at Linnaeus’ Hammarby is not allowed without a permit from Uppsala University Art Collections.
In The Linnaeus Museum (in The Linnaeus Garden) photography without a tripod and without the use of flash is permitted. For all commercial photography a permit from the Swedish Linnaeus Society is required.
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Do not walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Do not pick flowers, leaves, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to pick windfall fruit from the ground, but do not pick fruit that is still on the tree.
- Do not move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please do not touch objects, furniture, or wallpaper in the historic buildings.