Photography in the Linnaean Gardens
Photography and filming for private use
As a private person you are welcome to take photographs outdoors in our gardens and inside in the glasshouses. Please respect other visitors' privacy and do not damage the plants or plantations. You are not permitted to put up screens or to stand or walk in the flower beds.
Photography and filming for commercial use
Commercial wedding photography, portrait photography, fashion photography and such is only permitted by written agreement with the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala.
If you intend to use our facilities for commercial photography, please contact our booking service by e-mail at least one week before the visit.
Photography in Linnaeus’ homes
Photography in the house at Linnaeus’ Hammarby is not allowed without a permit from Uppsala University Art Collections.
In the Linnaeus Museum (in the Linnaeus Garden) photography without a tripod and without the use of flash is allowed. For all commercial photography you need to contact and get a permit from Uppsala University Art Collections.
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Do not walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Do not pick flowers, leaves, nuts, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to taste windfall fruit from the ground, but do not pick fruit that is still on the tree. Never taste a fruit unless you are certain what it is.
- Do not move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please do not touch objects, furniture, or wallpaper in the historic buildings.