Safety measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic
As of 5 October, The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala are back to normal opening hours and are open for pre-booked tours indoors and outdoors. We maintain some safety measures for the safety of you, our staff, and vulnerable visitors. The information below will help you prepare for your visit.
The information may be changed with short notice.
Safety measures to reduce the risk of contamination
- There are safety screens at the tills.
- There is hand sanitiser stations in the entrances.
- Visitors may be directed one way in narrow passages and a limited number can visit small rooms at the same time.
- We encourage visitors to use the automatic door buttons in The Tropical Greenhouse.
Reduced numbers of visitors in buildings and on tours
Our museums and greenhouses have several narrow spaces. Please be patient and wait for your turn if those rooms are busy. We do not enter narrow spaces on guided tours.
Booking is mandatory to our special tours. You need to buy your ticket to tours included in our programme in advance at linneanska.biljetto.com or in the till in The tropical Greenhouse, open Saturdays and Sundays 12–15.
The Tropical Greenhouse in The Botanical Garden:
- The entrance is narrow. Please help us keep numbers down by not lingering in the entrance hall. Leave prams outside if possible and wait outside if there is a queue.
- Avoid bringing large bags and luggage when you visit.
- We may limit the number of visitors in the building in case of crowding. Please follow the staff’s instructions.
- The succulent and orchid rooms are narrow and we recommend that one company at a time visits them. Please step aside if anyone needs to pass you.
- Please queue outside if the toilets in The Tropical Greenhouse are busy.
- You are welcome to book guided tours in The Tropical Greenhouse. We allow one group at a time, max. 20 persons per group.
The Linnaeus Museum:
- The museum is open to pre-booked groups only October to April.
- Fire regulations state that max. 30 persons may visit the museum, staff included. The first floor is limited to 15 persons.
- The guide may only show the smaller rooms to eight people at a time.
- Please avoid bringing large bags and other luggage on your visit.
Help us reduce the risk of contamination
- Stay at home if you display symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser.
- If unvaccinated, keep your distance to staff and other visitors.
- Follow our staff’s instructions.