Linnaeus’ Hammarby – a perfect summer excursion
Linnaeus’ Hammarby lies embedded in an extensive agricultural landscape. The museum area, with buildings, exhibitions, café and shop are open May to September inclusive. In the surrounding Cultural Heritage Reserve, the County Council has recreated an 18th century agricultural landscape with forest, fields, grazing paddocks, a cabbage field and a hop garden. The reserve is open all year.
The Linnaeus' Hammarby: opening times
Opening times may vary during events in the Linnaeus Garden.Museum, Linnaeus' house and exhibitions
- May: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00 (the café is open Friday–Sunday only)
- June–August: Tuesday–Sunday 11:00–17:00
- September: Friday–Sunday 11:00–17:00 (the café is open Saturday–Sunday only)
Opening times may vary during events at Linnaeus´ Hammarby.
The manor is only open for guided tours. There are at least four tours a day. Groups of more than 10 people have to book a private guide.
You can take a virtual tour of the house on Google Maps.
Grounds and cultural reserve
The gates to the garden and grounds close at 20:00.
Linnaeus’ Hammarby Cultural Heritage Reserve is open all year.
In English every open day at 12:30
- Weekends in May and June at 12:30 and 16:30
- Tuesday–Sunday 28/6–14/8 at 12:30 and 16:30
Guided tours in Swedish at 11:30, 14:30 and 15:30. Written information is available in English, French, German, Spanish and Russian.
The ordinary guided tours are included in the admission and can not be booked in advance.
Admission charge for Linnaeus’ Hammarby
During ordinary opening times
- Adults 100 SEK
- Senior citizens 65 + 80 SEK
- Students 80 SEK (students at Uppsala University free of charge)
- Children (ages 0-17) free of charge
A guided tour of the museum is included in theprice. Groups of more than 10 people must book their own guide. From 17:00 (garden and park only)
- Admission free
Linnaeus’ Hammarby cultural reserve
- Admission free
Admission charges may vary for certain exhibitions and events.
Free admission to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala applies to:
- employees at Uppsala University
- students at Uppsala University
- members of Linnés vänner, our friends' society
- members of The Swedish Linnaeus Society (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of Sällskapet Linnés Hammarby (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- gold or silver members of Friends of Uppsala University
- members of Inter Nordic Guide Club (IGC), including the organisation Uppsalaguiderna.
- employees at Uppsala's museums
- members of Swedish Museums Association
- holders of the ICOM-card
- holders of the Kulturarvskort for employees
- Culture buddy groups have free entry in 2022 (more information for Culture buddies)
Concessions apply to:
- Senior citizens 65 +
- Students (free entrance to students at Uppsala University)
- Kulturarvskort 50% reduction of admission charge. Buy your card in our museum shops. The card is valid at many museums in Sweden.
- Members of SJ Prio pays 80 SEK at the Linnaeus Garden and at Linnaeus' Hammarby
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: annual pass
The annual card of the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala gives you free admission to the Tropical Greenhouse, the Linnaeus Garden, the Linnaeus Museum and Linnaeus’ Hammarby. It also give you a 50% discount on special tours.
The annual pass is valid for one calendar year and is sold in our museum shops or at the garden office in The Botanical Garden during office hours.
An annual pass costs 200 SEK.