A guided tour of Linnaeus’ Hammarby takes about one hour and includes both the dwelling house and the garden. As no more than 45 people can be admitted to the dwelling house at any one time, it is essential that all groups book in advance. The dwelling house can only be visited with one of our staff guides.
All groups larger than 10 people should book their visit in advance. Best time for a group visit in May – August is before 10.30 am, 1.30-2.30 pm or after 4.30 pm.
Booked groups during the covid-19 pandemic
Please note that we may have to reduce the numbers of participants on guided tours and limit the access to our buildings with short notice. Contact us for more information.
Current status fall 2021
Groups are welcome to book a visit to The Tropical Greenhouse, The Orangery, and The Linnaeus Museum. How large the group can be depends on whether you want a guide or not and on which venue you plan to visit.
- Max 20 persons/tour in The Tropical Greenhouse and The Orangery.
- Max 14 persons/tour and floor in The Linnaeus Museum.
- Max 30 visitors at the same time in The Linnaeus Museum.
Admission rates for groups of 10 or more people
When you book a guided tour of one of the Linnaean Gardens you pay a tour charge and reduced entry charge.
Guided tours are always hold by our staff or guides authorized by The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala. Please, contact our booking service for questions concerning authorization.
- Weekdays 9am–4.30pm: 1000 kr per guide
- Evenings and weekends: 1600 kr per guide
If you would like the guide to wear 18th century costume there is an added starting fee of 1,000 SEK per guide.
The reduced entry charge (at least 10 persons)
- The Botanical Garden: the park is free of charge, The Tropical Greenhouse 40 kr/person
- The Linnaeus Garden or Linnaeus' Hammarby, adults: 80 kr/person
- The Linnaeus Garden or Linnaeus' Hammarby, visitors over 65: 60 kr/person)
- Special offer Linnaeus: Outdoor ticket for Linnaeus Hammarby (manor excluded) or The Linnaeus Garden (The Linnaeus Museum excluded): 40 SEK per person.
The reduced entry charge is only valid for groups that book their visit in advance.
Booking guided tours for groups
Let our guides take you on a tour of the gardens and glasshouse, of our historic environments or in Linnaeus’s home and gardens.
A tour takes about one hour and are always led by our own guides. Groups larger than 10 people must book a guide in advance. For the best quality of experience, groups should be no larger than 25 people.
All groups larger than 9 people should book their visit in advance.
phone:+46-18-471 28 38 (weekdays 9.30am–11.30am)
We will answer your questions within two working days.