You are welcome to bring your class or your pre-schoolers to our gardens. Please call us or send an e-mail to our booking office in advance and we will recommend the best spots for your group to visit.
In The Botanical Garden you can learn about Swedish trees and shrubs (in Swedish) or print a map to find all our nesting boxes for birds.
The sign tells a tale
All plants in the Linnaean Gardens are labelled with name, family, country of origin and ”personal number”. Read more here about what you can learn from a plant label.
Trees and shrubs from Swedish nature
Native Swedish trees and shrubs are planted in the areas surrounding the building Linneanum and in the Baroque Garden. Along the the foot paths you will find signposts with species names. The texts are written in Swedish.
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Do not walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Do not pick flowers, leaves, nuts, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to taste windfall fruit from the ground, but do not pick fruit that is still on the tree. Never taste a fruit you are certain what it is.
- Do not move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please do not touch objects, furniture, or wallpaper in the historic buildings.