Preschools in the Botanical Garden
Welcome to an eventful year at the Botanical Garden. In the spring we are once again inviting all of Uppsala’s preschools to plant coneflowers (Rudbeckia) and marigolds (Tagetes) in the baroque garden. There will also be a birthday party in May for the preschool children's trees. In September Friskis&Svettis issue an invitation to Mini-Röris (exercise to music for younger children), and in October we will be planting bulbs in the baroque garden.
2023 Programme (with recommended ages)
- 10 May: The tree’s birthday party (3–4 years)
- 25 May – 1 June: Dance and plant summer flowers (4–6 years)
- 6 September: Mini-Röris beside the Linneanum Orangery (2–6 years)
- 16–20 October: Plant bulbs in the baroque garden (4–6 years)
All activities should be booked through Uppsala kommuns utbudsbokning. If you need help send an e-mail to our booking office.
Guided tours for preschools and preschool classes
We offer themed guided tours adapted for schools and preschools. These tours take approximately 45 minutes. It is possible to combine different themes and we are happy to help tailor guided tours per your requests and needs. Always book your visit in advance, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some examples of themes:
- Flower descriptions
- Find five seeds
- The amazing and strange shape of plants
- Jungle expedition
- Sweets of the tropics / useful plants of the tropics