Celsius-Linnaeus lecturers 2020
- Date: –17:00
- Location: Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1 Siegbahnsalen
- Lecturer: - Celsius Lecture: Dr. Zhong Lin Wang, Hightower Chair in Materials Science and Engineering, Regent´s Professor at Georgia Tech and Founding Director and Chief Scientist at Beijing Institute of Nanoenergy and Nanosystems. - Linnaeus Lecture: Prof. Angela M. Gronenborn, UPMC Rosalind Franklin Chair and Distinguished Professor at the Department of Structural Biology, University of Pittsburgh
- Organiser: The Celsius-Linnaeus committee at the faculty of science and technology
- Contact person: Karin Thellenberg
- Phone: 018-4714947
On Thursday February 6 the doors will open for the traditional Celsius-Linnaeus lecturers. This year we welcome Prof. Zhong Lin Wang from Georgia Tech and Prof. Angela M. Gronenborn from University of Pittsburgh
Every year our Faculty of Science and Technology arranges the Linnaeus and Celsius honorary lectures in February to celebrate Carl von Linné (1707-1778), physician and botanist, and Anders Celsius (1701-1744), astronomer and physicist, who were professors at Uppsala University.
The Celsius-Linnaeus lecturers are at today’s forefront of research within their fields and are given for a general audience of scientists and students within the Faculty.
After the lecturers, a cross-disciplinary symposium will be arranged, which will end with a panel discussion who will give the audience opportunity to ask questions to any of the day’s lectures.
All interested are welcome to the lectures and the symposium – no registration needed. The lectures and symposium are held in English.
Events in The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala
Upcoming guidad tours, events, work shops, conserts, theater and more in the Botanical Garden, the Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby.Calendar RSS Subscribe to calendar
Please follow these instructions to subscribe to the calendar in Outlook on Windows:
- Copy the calendar link.
- Switch to the calendar view in Outlook.
- Right click My calendars (or Other calendars), select Add calendar, select From Internet.
- In the dialogue that pops up, paste the calendar link.
- Approve the subscription.
The calendar is now available in Outlook. Check the checkbox besides the new calendar to view it.
For Safari on Mac, read these instructions.
In other calendar applications, copy the link and then follow the appropriate procedure.