The Botanical Garden throughout the year
The Botanical Garden is open for visitors throughout the year. Each season offers something special.
During the winter the geometric shapes of the Baroque Garden are particularly striking, the Linneanum Orangery is full of Mediterranean trees and bushes, and the Tropical Glasshouse is a haven of warmth and light. With the coming of spring the lawns and rockeries burst with flowering bulbs and anemonies. The magnolias, cherries and tulips come into bloom. A wide range of plants continue the floral display throughout the summer. As late summer approaches the kitchen gardens are at their most beautiful and the autumn offers a colourful display from both native and exotic trees and bushes.
The Botanical Garden: opening times
The gates close to Uppsala Castle, The Segerstedt Building and Carolina Rediviva (the University Library) are closed from the arrival of the first snow. They open at May 1.
The Tropical Greenhouse
June–August: Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm (Thursday open until 6 pm), Saturday-Sunday 11am–4pm.
September–May: Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm, Saturday-Sunday Noon–3pm.
The Orangery, Linneanum
June–August: Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm.
September–May: Tuesday–Friday 9am–3pm.
Opening times during public holidays may vary.
The park and gardens
June–August: Saturdays and Sundays at 2 pm (1 pm in Swedish)
September–May: First Sunday of the month (in Swedish)
Fee 50 SEK, includes entrance fee to the Tropical Greenhouse, where the guided tour starts.
The Botanical Garden: admission charges
The Park: Free of charge.
The Tropical Greenhouse: Adult 50 SEK. Children (ages 0-17) free of charge.
The Linneanum Orangery has an entry charge for special exhibitions.
Free entrance to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala apply to:
- employees at Uppsala University
- students at Uppsala University
- members of The Swedish Linnaeus Society (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of The Society of Linnaeus' Hammarby (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of Linnés vänner (friends of Linnaeus), our friends' organization
- members of Inter Nordic Guide Club (IGC), including the organization Uppsalaguiderna.
- employees at Uppsalas musee
- members of The Association of Swedish Museums
- members of DIK
- holders of ICOM-card
- holders of Kulturarvskort get 50% off the admisson fee. (Holders of the card for employees get free entrance.)
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: annual card
The annual card of the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala gives free entry to the Tropical Glasshouse, Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus’ Hammarby. The annual card is valid for one calendar year and can be purchased from one of our museum shops or from the offices of the gardens (weekday daytime).
An annual card costs 200 kr.