Hops, Oats and Barley
- Date: –16:00
- Location: Linnés Hammarby Kulturreservatet Linnés Hammarby
- Organiser: Uppsala linneanska trädgårdar i samarbete med Länsstyrelsen Uppsala län och SLU Agrarhistoria.
- Contact person: Lotta Saetre
- Temadag, Kulturevenemang
It is harvest time at Carl Linnaeus' country estate!
We harvest hops, oats and barley in the restored farmland surrounding Linnaeus' country house. Learn about old varieties of hops, and beer brewing. Gather hops to put in a sleeping pouch - a traditional remedy for better sleep. Tie a nek of oats and bring it home.
The activities take place in the Culture Reserve, free entrance. Entrance to the house and park, 80 SEK. Guided tour of the house in English at 12.30.
Upcoming exhibitionsCalendar RSS Subscribe to calendar
Please follow these instructions to subscribe to the calendar in Outlook on Windows:
- Copy the calendar link.
- Switch to the calendar view in Outlook.
- Right click My calendars (or Other calendars), select Add calendar, select From Internet.
- In the dialogue that pops up, paste the calendar link.
- Approve the subscription.
The calendar is now available in Outlook. Check the checkbox besides the new calendar to view it.
For Safari on Mac, read these instructions.
In other calendar applications, copy the link and then follow the appropriate procedure.
Walks in nature
An exhibition of paintings by ten Czech artists emphasising a diversity of plants and landscapes.
Did you know that over 200 varieties of apples are grown in Sweden? Get to know a good quarter of them at the apple exhibition att Linnaeus' Hammarby. Find out which apples you have in your garden. Buy an apple tree cultivated from national clone archive trees.