You are welcome to bring your class or your pre-schoolers to our gardens. Please call us or msend an e-mail to our booking office in advance and we will recommend the best spots for your group to visit.
In The Botanical Garden you can learn about Swedish trees and shrubs (in Swedish) or print a map to find all our nesting boxes for birds.
The sign tell a tale
All plants in the Linnaean Gardens are labelled with name, family, country of origin and ”personal number”. Read more here about what you can learn from a plant label.
Trees and shrubs from Swedish nature
Native Swedish trees and shrubs are planted in the areas surrounding the building Linneanum and in the Baroque Garden. Along the the foot paths you will find signposts with species names. The texts are written in Swedish.
Getting to Uppsala University Botanical Garden
The Botanical Garden is bordered by Dag Hammarskjölds väg, Thunbergsvägen, Norbyvägen and Villavägen; the visiting address is Villavägen 6-8.
The city buses stop directly outside the Botanic Garden at the bus stops named Blåsenhus, Evolutionsmuseet and Botaniska . Visit the website for Uppsala public transport to find the bus timetables for lines 1 (white), 2 (red), 7 (light blue), 11 (grey) and 12 (yellow).
There are car parks at Villavägen 6 (only 10 parking lots, on the side facing the Garden), Norbyvägen 18, and Plantskolegränd. Parking for the disabled is available close to the Tropical Glasshouses and Café Victoria, Villavägen 8.
Parking for coaches is available close to the Cathedral at S:t Eriks torg and Riddartorget.
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Don’t walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Don’t pick flowers, leaves, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to pick windfall fruit from the ground, but don’t pick fruit that is still on the tree.
- Don’t move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please don’t touch objects, furniture or wallpaper in the historic buildings.