Booking a school activity
Let our education officers take your school class or preschool group on a guided tour of our gardens and glasshouses, our historic environments, or around Linnaeus’s home and gardens. You can also book an activity session for your school in the Botanical Garden, Linnaeus Garden, Linnaeus Mueum or at Linnaeus’ Hammarby.
- Examples of guided tours for schools and upper secondary schools.
- Examples of activities for preschools.
A guided tour takes about 45 minutes. To get the most out of the tour the group should not be larger than 20 students. For planting and other activities, the group size should not exceed 12 children.
Prices for school visits
Schools and preschools, Uppsala municipality
400 SEK/group of 20 children
Schools and preschools, outside Uppsala municipality
800 SEK/group of 20 children
Prices are valid daytime during weekdays. Evenings and during weekends the fee is 1600 SEK/group.
Free entrance to the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala for school classes and children 17 years old or younger.
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Don’t walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Don’t pick flowers, leaves, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to pick windfall fruit from the ground, but don’t pick fruit that is still on the tree.
- Don’t move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please don’t touch objects, furniture or wallpaper in the historic buildings.